Satsang (FREE teacher-led discussion) Sunday 13 October 3.00pm to 4.00pm
Avidya is the first of the kleshas, or mental afflictions, found in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
Our guest speaker, Robert Worrall, will take us through:
- The meaning of avidya – Ignorance of what? The nature of “Self”
- How does it fit in to yoga? – The sutras, antahkarana, 25 tattvas
- What causes it? – Perception, thought, karma, superimposition
- Why is it important? – Attachment, aversion, suffering, samsara
- What to do about it – Lifting the veil, involution, mantra, realisation