3 Day Weekend Yoga Retreat in the Tranquil Forest of Springbrook, Australia; Feb 18-20th 2022
Theosophical Society Retreat centre, 2184 Springbrook Road, Springbrook, Queensland, Australia
Welcome to CY Yoga and Meditation Retreat, Feb 2022
Take this opportunity to Escape into the tranquil forest of Springbrook (Gold Coast Hinterland) for a weekend of tranquility, Yoga , nature, meditation and wonderful food. Allow yourself to be taken care of with a beautiful group of like-minded people and choose your level of engagement. We’ve developed a busy program so you are able to drop in and out of sessions and take what you need from the program. You can participate in all scheduled activities, simply give yourself some well-deserved space, silence, and “me-time” or any combination which suits your definition of Retreat.
- Switch off your devices
- Step away from the busy-ness of life
- Melt into the simplicity of simply Being – with your body and your breath, nature and other beautiful people.
- Re-discover a deep connection to your body, your heart and nature
- Be nourished by a private cook who will absolutely spoil you
- Be surrounded by beautiful, tranquil surrounds to retreat into; including a towering waterfall with views to the horizon
Practise as much or as little Yoga as you like, enjoy beautiful vegetarian food, indulge in a massage, come into your quiet and allow yourself to gently unwind. Turn off your devices and step away from caring for everyone else, for some much needed ‘me time’. Centenary Yoga are hosting our first retreat for our community and friends in a beautiful, natural space which is very familiar to David and Sarah. We’ve planned this weekend to be a respite from the “busy” of life – to reset and to calm your busy mind and sink into practise and silence in beautiful Springbrook National Park. It really is a gift in today’s crazy world.
Highlights & inclusions:
- Daily Yoga classes
- Meditation instruction and practice daily
- Restorative and Yin Yoga sessions
- Yoga philosophy workshop
- fire ceremony to release the stuck and welcome the new
- 30 min Massage
- 2 nights accommodation
- All meals and snacks, coffee and teas, fresh juices
- Outdoor seating space to absorb the sounds and sights of the world-heritage listed Springbrook National park
- Stunning waterfall with views to the horizon
- On site borrowing library
- 3 days with instruction
- As much time as you need to unwind, rest and enjoy
- Group size: Maximum of 25 participants
Our Centenary Yoga teachers will all be attending to guide you through a variety of practises.
Meet each of your teachers in the about us section of our website
All skill levels and interests will be catered for:
15:00 Friday 18th February or anytime later,
14:00 Sunday 20th February
The accommodation is very clean, simple, and minimalist in the Zen tradition. It is not fancy or luxurious, but instead clean and functional – all that you need, to focus on the deeper work.
Each accomodation unit is a small bedroom with a single bed, a personal handbasin with hot and cold water, reading lamp, pillow, electric blanket, doona and spare blanket, a collapsible table with chair, clothes hanging rail, small set of drawers and wooden bench for luggage. Additionally, there is one double room (two single beds) and one Queen room currently available.
Arrival & Departure time:
- Friday 3:00 pm (a delicious home-made cake and tea / coffee will await you).
- The retreat will conclude after lunch on Sunday.
What to expect: Our Programme:
Come together with a beautiful group of like-minded people and choose your level of engagement. We’ve developed a busy program so you are able to drop in and out of sessions and take what you need from the program. You can participate in as many or few of scheduled activities as you like, and simply give yourself some well-deserved space, silence, and “me-time” for an experience which suits your definition of Retreat.
Remember, all sessions are optional, attend those which interest you. Feel free to rest, read, wander the beautiful surrounds and eat!
- 3pm onwards,Participants arrive, greeting and shown to your rooms. Tea/ coffee and freshly baked cake await your arrival.
- 4– 5.30pm David will provide Gentle Yoga and Pranayamapractise to settle into the Retreat space.
- 6 – 7.00pm Enjoy a delicious Dinner
- 7.15 – 8.15pm We’ll meet in the practise space for Welcome circle & Meditation, with John
- 8.30-9.30pm Dasha will host a Full Moon fire ceremony under the stars
- 6 – 7.00 am For the early risers, join Vinyasa Yoga with David. A more vigorous flow practise to bring you into your day
- 7.30 – 9.30 am A 2 hour Dynamic Yoga with Yoga Nidra practise with Sarah and Nuria
- 10 – 11.00 am Brunch. You have the option to enjoy each meal in the dining room or out on the verandah, overlooking the forest
- 11.30 – 12.30pm Group to walk to majestic waterfalland views to horizon. Enjoy and relax, take photos or sit and meditate here
- 1.30 – 3.00pm Jasraj will present a workshop on Yoga philosophy
- 3.30 – 5.00pm Take the opportunity to practise some beautiful gentle & restorative Yoga or Option 2, Advanced Yoga practises
- 6 – 7.00pm Delicious Dinner and desert in the dining room or verandah
- 7.30 – 9.00pm Jasraj will run a session of Satsang, Meditation& Chanting
- 6 – 7.00 am Begin your Sunday with David’s flow vinyasa class
- 7.30 – 9.30 am Join Nuria, Lucky and John for Hatha Yoga, Meditation& Pranayama
- 10 – 11.00 am Delicious Brunchand desert in dining room/verandah
- 11 – 12.30pm Free time, feel free to rest, read, take a Rainforest walk, talk and practise Yoga Asana with one of our teachers, talk Yoga Philosophy with our teachers.
- 12.30 – 1.30pm Jasraj will lead you through a one hour Yoga Nidra practise. Lucky or Danielle will provide sound.
- 1.30 – 2.00pm Closing Ceremony. We’ll close together and say our goodbyes and share personal reflections if called to do so. In the Hall or in the forest.
- 2.00 – 3.00pm Packup & leave (welcome to stay until 3pm for personal reflection & relaxation)
One of the reasons guests return year after year is the location; to be surrounded by towering ancient trees and only the sounds of crickets and birds. It is such a powerful healer in a world where you are often disconnected from nature in your day-to-day lives. Wallabies are often spotted at dawn.
All meals are provided by private cook Tahlene Louise of WonkyOm catering.
Please note that the venue is fully vegetarian. You may not bring any meat, fish or animal flesh products into the Retreat Centre.
The following meals are included:
- Brunch & desert
- Dinner& desert
- Cakes and slices for afternoon tea
- Breads and spreads to enjoy anytime (toaster supplied)
- Seasonal fruit to enjoy anytime
The following drinks are included:
- A variety of different teas
- Dairy milk, Oat milk, almond milk & Soy milk to enjoy with tea
- Fresh juices with some meals
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Whole food
If you have special dietary requirements let Sarah know and she’ll pass on to Tahlene.
- 2 nights accommodation
- All meals, snacksand drinks (WonkyOm catering can cater to dietary requirements)
- Plunger and pod machine coffee plus an array of teas, variety of milks.
- Meditation instruction and practice daily
- Yoga philosophy and diarizing workshops
- Daily yoga classes
- 30 min massage
- Access to Retreat centre facilities including Library, laundry and grounds
What’s not included
- Bed linen, a towel, and personal items
- Participant exchange is $590.
Paying a Deposit: (3 payment plan)
- To reserve your place at our retreat, you can pay a deposit of $200 on or before 6th of January 2021 and then $ 220 on 16th January 2022. Final installment of $170 to be deposited by 6th of February 2022.
- Pay deposit into CY account with your name and retreat deposit in ref/msg
- BSB 014018
- Account no 221729479
- Prior to 16 weeks (Nov 19, 2021) before the due date the full price or deposit was fully refundable
- 8-16 weeks prior the due date the deposit/full price payment was non-refundable. If paid in full, retreat cost – $180 will be refunded.
- If cancellation is within 8 weeks of the booked dates (ie NOW), Half retreat cost will be refunded if paid in full or part paid. No deposit refunded.
What about CoVid?
The Venue has CoVid safe measures in place which will be outlined in our Welcome.
If we lockdown, we will reschedule and you will not lose your booking.
If you need to cancel your trip due to your own COVID-19 situation, you can reschedule your booking free of charge or receive CY credit for your non-refundable deposit to be used for our next retreat or any CY classes or passes.
Bring your Mask!