Online Yoga Etiquette and How to:
Yoga Classes and Meditation
Book your Class:
Book your class using the Classes and Passes page on our website or use this link: https://centenaryyoga.com.au/product/online-yoga-class/
- You can also use a class from your 10 class pass; text or email teacher to use this option. We will be adding a 10 Class Online pass ($160) to the website soon.
- Booking essential.
Check your Tech:
- Download the Zoom app on any device (available on Google Play or the App Store)
- Tech: Wifi/4G – good internet connection
- · Computer/laptop (ideal), iPad or other device (phones may be difficult due to small screen size)
- The Zoom app (download Zoom for laptop/computer, download Zoom for Apple, download Zoom for Android
3. Ace your Space:
- IF you can, choose a quiet comfortable space free of distraction. Set up near your modem for good connection.
- Set up your mat and have 2 cushions or a bolster, 2 thin blankets and 2-3 blocks (or you can use books). Tell any family you’re available only if it’s an emergency! Explain gently to pets and close the door unless you have a pup or kitty relaxed around your yoga.
- play play: If you’re new to Online Yoga, Set up your device and click on the link plenty of time before class. You will see yourself only (as the teacher won’t have logged in yet) so you so make any adjustments to lighting and position. You will also see how to mute and un-mute yourself. The mute button can be found to the bottom left of the screen. You can also turn on and off your video. Play around with the settings, then end the meeting with yourself. You will use the same link to join the class later. First time is the hardest!
10 Minutes Before Class Begins
- Ensure you are wearing something comfortable.
- Check your email for the link and click on it.
- As the ‘Meeting’ starts, ensure your camera and microphone are allowed access. You may be the first person in the meeting. Stay there… others will be there soon.
- Once we have said our hellos, please ‘mute’ your microphone when time to start class. You can always unmute if you have a question.
- 502 Network Error: This is often to do with your internet connection. Close and start again. If you have an alternative Web Browers (Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) try an alternative one of these.
- We can’t hear you when speaking: Ensure your microphone is not muted. This button can be found on the bottom Left hand of the screen.
- You can’t hear me: ensure your speaker is turned up (speaker symbol bottom right of screen)
- All participants are the same size and you want to see your teacher: top right change from gallery view to speaker view
Privacy and Confidentiality
- There is to be no videoing or recording of the virtual classroom. Permission is not granted for private or public reproduction of content.
Code of Conduct
- Students should be mindful that a Zoom Meeting Room has students and staff connecting from various locations. For the comfort of everyone, please be mindful of:
- Language and Noise – At times, students will be required to un-mute their microphones. Please ensure that whatever is heard by the group is free of profanities and free from extra background noise (no television or private conversations).
- ·Environment – Please ensure that your home environment that is in view of the class is appropriate for all participants.
·Respect – As per our usual classes in our yoga studio, it’s expected that all students, staff and anyone present is respectful, encouraging and kind.
Reporting an Issue
If at any time you have an issue please contact Sarah on 0468334636 or sarah @centenaryyoga.com.au